Friday, January 15, 2010

Songs of the Day

I do not know what your set up is, but I am listening to these songs via my computer's Bose Companion 5 speaker system and I am jammin' to the 80's!

Our first song is "Edge of a Broken Heart" by Richard Marx.  Those of you who remember the late 80's/early 90's may remember the all girl band Vixen.  This was originally a hit for them, but it was written by Richard Marx.  Try not to be distracted by the hairstyles, which have since been outlawed.




Our next song is "Desert Moon" by Dennis DeYoung, his first solo hit after leaving Styx.  This song really captures that "Whatever happened to..." or "What if..." I think we all feel about our younger days, especially high school.  This was a common theme in Dennis DeYoung's solo material.



Finally we have what is, quite possibly, the most embarassing video released by a major artist in the 80's: "Rock Me Tonite" by Billy Squier.  All the more embarassing because it is a great song.  I think Jon Bon Jovi put it best when he said, "The video where Billy Squier danced in his pajamas and killed his career".



My God, what was he thinking?  Where was his management when this was filmed?  Can anyone see me dancing like that right now?

No comments: