Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Songs of the Day

Here's a new feature that I will be bringing to you, constant readers, as inspiration dictates: Song of the Day.  A song (or songs) that strike me as particularly brilliant or deserving of another listen.

Today's songs:

"24 Hours from Tulsa" by Gene Pitney

 "Kicks" by Paul Revere and the Raiders

"Hard To Say" by Dan Fogelberg

I have to say, I like Dan Fogelberg but I always think of what Dennis Leary said years ago.  Shortly after two teenage boys killed themselves after listening to Judas Priest music, something the parents claimed hidden messages in the songs drove them to do, Dennis Leary said, "So two teenage Judas Priest fans killed themselves, what's the problem?  And the parents are suing Judas Priest?  Does this mean I can sue James Taylor and Dan Fogelberg for turning me into a pussy in the 70's?"

No comments: